Monday, November 8, 2010

Deliriously Falling


Are you a fan of Lauren Oliver? Here’s something for you. A few days ago I came across the beautiful new Lauren Oliver fan page created by a fellow dedicated reader and blogger!

~ Who is Lauren Oliver? ~


Lauren Oliver comes from a family of writers and so has always (mistakenly) believed that spending hours in front of the computer every day, mulling over the difference between “chortling” and “chuckling,” is normal. She has always been an avid reader.

She attended the University of Chicago, where she continued to be as impractical as possible by majoring in philosophy and literature. After college, she attended the MFA program at NYU and worked briefly as the world’s worst editorial assistant, and only marginally better assistant editor, at a major publishing house in New York. Her major career contributions during this time were flouting the corporate dress code at every possible turn and repeatedly breaking the printer. Before I Fall is her first published novel.

She is deeply grateful for the chance to continue writing, as she has never been particularly good at anything else.

Author profile by Goodreads 

For further information check out her official website http://www.laurenoliverbooks.com/




~ All about books ~

Before I Fall 

 What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12th should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it’s her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she re-lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined.

Summary by Goodreads

Publisher: Harper Collins
Publishing Date: March 2010
Length: 470 pages
Genre: YA

Delirium (Delirium #1) 

 Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.
But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

Summary by Goodreads 

Publisher: Harper Teen
Publishing Date: February 2011
Length: 440pages
Genre: YA


I haven’t read Before I Fall yet, but as I am currently reading the e-galley of Delirium and enjoying it as much as someone can enjoy a novel, I am definitely going to get my hands on it soon! Delirium is just the first novel in a series of three. Pandemonium and Requiem will continue the story around Lena, Alex and the deliria.

~ Why a fan page ~

Because Lauren is a great author and we love her work!

~ What is the fan page’s name?  ~

Deliriously Falling

Sounds like music right? I am in love with the combination of both book titles Before I Fall and Delirium!

~ Who created the fan page? ~

Deliriously Falling was created by lovely Ella! Here is what she says:

I am simply blown away by the creativeness and amazingness (is that even a word? LOL) of Miss Lauren Oliver, and couldn't not do this, start this page where we can show her our support.

Reading BIF, and just now having finished with Delirium, I knew that these were life-changing books, books that made you think, and even left an aching feeling in your heart after finishing them (that happened to me with both books!). It is not that often, perhaps it barely happens, that a book impacts you with such a force.
That was one of the reasons that drove me to start this page.

~ The co-author~

Reggie joined Deliriously Falling just recently and here is what she says:

The sheer originality and thought put into Delirium by Lauren Oliver, was what pushed me to join Ella in contributing to this site. Delirium completely took my breath away with its awesomeness =) It has affected me in such a way that it left me pondering the issues and the characters in Delirium. I really have no words to portray about how I REALLY feel about Delirium and Before I Fall. They're two amazing books that will really strike a chord in you...just like they did with me.

~ What Deliriously Falling is about ~

Deliriously Falling is a fan page where fans of Lauren Oliver can come together and discuss the awesomeness that is her. The name of the blog is a combination of Lauren's book titles, Before I Fall and the Delirium series, books that we love!

This blog is in no way associated with Lauren or her representatives, is it a fan based blog, run by a fan (that's me, Ella!) for fans.

Descriptions and statements by Deliriously Falling

~ Happy News ~

I am happy to announce that I am now an affiliate with Deliriously Falling. I am more than convinced about the success this page is going to have and the fun it will bring!

~ Stop talking! Where can I join this awesome fan page? ~

Ok, ok. I’ll quiet this post with a huge thank you to Lauren for creating an awesome world, I’m not willing to leave too soon and to Ella for creating a place where we can relax and just talk about the things we love: books!







Xoxo,
Sarah aka Miss Page-Turner

PS: As it is still November 8th, I wish you a Happy Birthday Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment